Yield: 10-12 servings
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 30 minutes plus 4 hours to chill
Total Time: 4 hours and 35 minutes
- 4 ripe tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1 English cucumber peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper coarsely chopped vein removed
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeds may be removed if preferred)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsps sherry vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 Cups tomato juice
1. Pulse each vegetable, one at a time, in the bowl of a food processor starting with the tomato. Empty the processor after each vegetable has been processed into a large bowl. It is important not to add all the vegetables at one time into the food processor.
2. Stir all vegetables together and add salt, pepper, lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil.
3. Return the mixture to the processor and pulse until its finely chopped.
4. Pour Gazpacho into a pitcher and stir in chilled tomato juice until desired consistency. Check seasoning and add salt if needed.
5. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.To Serve:
Pour in small cups and garnish with small pieces of chopped avocado and a tortilla chip.